What a pain in the neck (and various other places). We did not anticipate having to cram so much stuff into such a small area. We did manage to make it happen with some creative solutions and just enough space to tuck it all away. It just took several hours.
In this small area, we managed to mount and install a large 150a buss bar for the ammeter in the cab. A 150a manual reset circuit breaker. A 200a continuous duty relay for isolating the batteries. A 300a fuse bar for the Xantrex inverter/charger. And all of the cabling for all of these components as well as the cables for the starter, the alternator, the remote jumper cables and a few smaller incidental wires here and there.
There is only one problem. Now there is no room for the battery hold-downs. Back to the drawing board. The solution has to be non-metallic and it must be able to fully secure the batteries in place. The next installment will show our solution.